All Over the Map is about a different kind of family travel. We are about experiencing the world as a family, taking the time to explore and gain some understanding of our destinations, be they right here in the Washington, D.C. area or in other parts of the country and the world. As much as possible, we want to experience first-hand a destination’s food, art, customs, and nature. We’re not about spending a lot of money on travel, but we are about focusing a lot of energy on it!
- Every trip is a learning adventure, even (especially!) if it sometimes means stepping outside our comfort zone.
- You can learn the most about a culture by living it so we try to go for extended stays and choose rentals over hotels whenever possible.
- Including the whole family in planning a trip gives everyone a stake and a voice and makes for more enriching travel for everyone.
- Any age is a good age to travel, as long as you choose your destinations wisely.
- We love the cultural diversity and offerings in the DC area and can get as excited about local adventures as international ones.
- Family travel isn’t cheap but it can be affordable if you stay flexible.